The global pandemic changed our lives and our business this year, but one thing that didn’t change was Delta’s commitment to the communities we serve. The indomitable Delta spirit continued to shine as employees gave back to those in need.
From donating more than 1 million pounds of food to providing more than 1 million blankets and amenity kits to social service agencies and donating over 10,000 pints of life-saving blood, Delta people served communities across the world during uncertain times.
“Giving back to the communities where we live, work and serve is a part of our DNA at Delta, and it has never been more important,” said Tad Hutcheson, Managing Director – Community Engagement. “Even in a pandemic, our people want to roll up their sleeves and help. Whether through giving blood, providing food and supplies to those in need or bringing smiles to children’s faces during the holidays with bikes built by TechOps employees – Delta people care, and it shows.”
SUPPORT FOR THE FRONT LINES
We supported healthcare heroes as they treated those affected by COVID-19 by:
- Manufacturing more than 70,000 face shields for healthcare workers to extend the life of essential N95 mask respirators
- Donating 800,000 pounds of snacks and drinks to hospitals in 20 different countries including France, Senegal, Greece, China, Philippines, Brazil, El Salvador, U.S. and more
- Providing more than 350 free flights for medical professionals to assist in states heavily impacted by the pandemic
FOOD, BLANKETS AND MORE
Delta donated more than 8 million pounds of essential items to social service agencies and communities in need, including:
SUPPORT FOR OUR COMMUNITIES
Delta maintained our commitment to serving our communities and supporting our partners by:
- Partnering with KABOOM! to build five playgrounds in 2020 in Atlanta, Tampa, Minneapolis and San Jose
- Building 750 bikes, contributing 1,300 toys and donating $725,000 to Toys for Tots
- Donating 10,338 pints of blood to American Red Cross in fiscal year 2020
SHARING TIME AND TALENTS
Delta people volunteered their time and talents by:
- Sewing masks for those in need and delivering Delta donations to charities and organizations around the world
- Volunteering at local food banks, school food distribution events and other community-based charities
RECOGNITION FOR OUR EFFORTS
Delta received numerous awards and distinctions throughout the year.
Source: Delta Air Lines